St Hilda's was founded in 1893. It was the first women's college in Oxford. It became co-ed in 2008. It is named after the Anglo-Saxon saint Hilda of Whitby. The music hall is named after the famous cellist Jacqueline Du Pré who was an honorary fellow of the college.
Ship Street Centre on Ship Street is owned by Jesus College. It is a hub of student activity. It provides teaching and conference facilities as well as student accommodation.
The Covered Market shares an entrance with Jesus College on Market Street. It was opened in 1773 and is one of the oldest covered markets in Britian.
brown's cafe, coverered market, oxford
jesus college on market street and turl street, oxford