top of page
collages_sthughs.jpg

St Margaret's Road

ST HUGH'S
 

 

Oxford

 

St Hugh’s College was 
founded in 1886 by Elizabeth Wordsworth,

the great niece of William Wordsworth. The college was set up exclusively for women; it enabled them to afford an education which otherwise would have been beyond their means; a hundred years later in 1986 St Hugh’s admitted male students.

 

VIEW FROM 
 

sthughs003.jpg

Ship Street Centre on Ship Street is owned by Jesus College. It is a hub of student activity. It provides teaching and conference facilities as well as student accommodation.

The Covered Market shares an entrance with Jesus College on Market Street. It was opened in 1773 and is one of the oldest covered markets in Britian.

sthughs_bleach.jpg

brown's cafe, coverered market, oxford

jesus001.jpg

jesus college on market street and turl street, oxford

jesus.PNG
bottom of page